Section 18 A Public Benefit Organisation No: 930054449
Avina’s Refuge NPC was registered in March 2016 because of the closure of a children’s home in Alberton which left 8 children without homes to go to. We have been working with the home since January 2015 and could not see siblings being seperated. Two of the directors of Avina’s Refuge NPC have run a home for abused and abandoned children from 2001 to 2006 when they left to minister to children in India. They returned in 2012 and started working with and ministering to children through other homes.
To protect and safeguard children from emotional, physical and sexual abuse as well as physical neglect and/or harm.
Avina’s Refuge exists to provide safe, developmentally appropriate, loving homes for abused, abandoned and orphaned children to heal, thrive and reach their God given potential to become confident, competent adults who can contribute to their communities in a meaningful manner.”
- Equality – All people are created in God’s image and therefore are all equal.
- Dignity – Every child has the right to be brought up in a loving home.
- Accountability – We believe in accountable stewardship, financial and other to our stakeholders.
- Family Preservation
- Foster Care Services
- Care and Support Services to families and children
Make A difference by
- Becoming a foster or host parent.
- Mentoring an orphan/or a child in care.
- Supporting a child’s education, medical, dental and clothing needs.
- Volunteering your time and skills either professionally or in an advisory capacity to the organization
What do we offer?
- A BBBEE certificate 100% Socio Economic Contributor.
- Section 18 A Tax Certificate PBO No: 930054449.
- Media Exposure
- Full accountability
Help Us care for more
We would like to build a foster care village where foster parents will be placed in a home with 2 or 3 children under their care. We have identified a property and need to raise R3 500 000-00 to purchase it.
Financial donations can be deposited to:
Account Name: AVINA’S REFUGE NPC
Bank Name: FIRST NATIONAL BANK, BRACKEN CITY, 250655
Cheque Account No: 62604203498